After two years of isolation and quarantine rules, on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, Hong Kong announced that it is easing their implementation of Covid-19 restrictions. But what does it mean for everyone, especially for foreigners going to Hong Kong?
Here is everything we got so far:
- It is no longer required for residents to use a scanning app to enter venues.
- Overseas arrivals could now visit bars and restaurants from the moment they land. But Health Chief Lo Chung-mau confirmed that travelers from overseas will still need to undergo PCR tests on arrival and on day two.
- Residents and tourists will also need to show proof of vaccination at certain venues, including restaurants, and a ban on more than 12 people gathering in public is still in place.
- Daily antigen tests for school children will also remain compulsory alongside the wearing of masks, including for outdoors.
- People are expected to wear masks outdoors.
All of these are expected to be implemented, starting today, Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2022. (Reports from AFP and Bloomberg).