Charlie Brooker, the brainchild of the dystopian science fiction series, Black Mirror, is creating a new film for streaming service, Netflix.
The subject is no other than the year that could very well be a standalone Black Mirror season, 2020.
Called “Death to 2020,” the new special is “a comedy event that tells the story of the dreadful year that was—and perhaps still is? This landmark documentary-style special weaves together some of the world’s most (fictitious) renowned voices with real-life archival footage spanning the past 12 months.”
Hugh Grant, who joins the project’s star-studded cast including Samuel L. Jackson, Lisa Kudrow, Kumail Nanjiani, Tracey Ullman, Samson Kayo, Leslie Jones, Diane Morgan, Cristin Milioti, and Joe Keery, simply calls it a “mockumentary.”
As of writing, there’s no official release date yet. With 2020 coming to close in about two weeks, though, it’s safe to say that “Death to 2020” will be out sooner rather than later.
- The creators of that viral soda ad is back with a new commercial and it’s just as weird
- This brand’s milk tea now comes in a party gallon Remember that viral tabo?
- You can now gift it through this holiday set
- It’s a productive year for Taylor Swift as she drops new album, Evermore
- Bye, 2020: I’ll make 2021 my best year yet with these planners