BTS is now Grammy-nominated.
Congratulations 63rd #GRAMMYs Best Pop Duo/Group Performance nominees: @JBALVIN, @DUALIPA, Bad Bunny (@sanbenito), @Tainy, @justinbieber, @QuavoStuntin, @BTS_twt, @ladygaga, @ArianaGrande, @taylorswift13, @boniver: https://t.co/vmaSA9BCsf pic.twitter.com/6t5wXH6N8L
— Recording Academy / GRAMMYs (@RecordingAcad) November 24, 2020
The K-pop boy band, which consists of RM, V, Jin, Suga, Jungkook, J-Hope, and Suga, is competing in the best pop duo/group performance category for their English-language single, “Dynamite,” at the 63rd edition of the prestigious award-giving body.
While the group’s album art director was up for best recording package at the 2019 Grammys, this marks the first time that a K-pop group has ever earned a nomination in a major category by the Recording Academy.
On Twitter, BTS shared a reaction video of members Jimin, RM, Jungkook, and V anticipating and eventually, hearing the nomination announcement.
In a separate tweet, the group expressed thanks to the award-giving body, as well as their ever-supportive fans, ARMY.
힘든 시기, 우리의 음악을 들어주시고 공감해주신 모든 분들께 감사합니다. 무엇보다 그래미 후보 아티스트라는 기적을 만들어주신 건 아미 여러분입니다. 늘 감사하고 사랑합니다.
Thank you @RecordingAcad for this great honor!
— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt) November 24, 2020
“Thank you to everyone who listened to and sympathized with our music during the difficult times. Above all, it is ARMYs who made the miracle of being a Grammy candidate. I always appreciate and love you,” the group tweeted. “Thank you @RecordingAcad for this great honor!”
- This salbabida-inspired font will let you help Typhoon Ulysses victims—here’s how
- What netizens have to say about beauty queen-turned-singer’s ‘I hate K-pop’ post
- You can now buy this fastfood’s crowd-favorite sundae by pint
- How would a typhoon-proof house look like? This Pinoy architect shares his idea
- Pinoy student’s win proves that failing once does not mean success is forever lost