A “leveled up” edition of the hit Pinoy boys’ love (BL) series, Gameboys, has premiered worldwide on Netflix.
— Netflix Philippines (@Netflix_PH) November 23, 2020
“The rumors are true! Caimazing and Angel2000 are finally headed to Netflix,” the streaming platform has confirmed in a tweet.
The series, an original from IdeaFirst Company, feature never-before-seen footage, as well as refreshed and reshot scenes in its 13-episode Netflix version.
Written by Ash M. Malanum and directed by Ivan Andrew Payawal, Gameboys follows the story of Cairo (Elijah Canlas) and Gavreel (Kokoy de Santos), two game streamers who find love and friendship online. It is also among the first locally-made BL shows shot and released during pandemic-induced lockdowns in the country.
The free-to-stream series on Youtube has become such a hit among fans that a girls’ love spin-off, Pearl Next Door, featuring Gavreel’s bestfriend in the original episodes, has also been created.
- What netizens have to say about beauty queen-turned-singer’s ‘I hate K-pop’ post
- You can now buy this fastfood’s crowd-favorite sundae by pint
- How would a typhoon-proof house look like? This Pinoy architect shares his idea
- Pinoy student’s win proves that failing once does not mean success is forever lost
- Direk Joey Reyes is right: Pinoy teleseryes can do better than its cliché characters and plots