The 2018 hit film, A Star is Born, will be available for streaming on Netflix this coming December 1, the streaming service’s Coming Soon tab indicates.
The movie, based on earlier screenplays of the same name, tells the story of Jackson (Bradley Cooper), a musician, who falls in love with a struggling artist, Ally (Lady Gaga), and coaxes her into following her dreams, all while dealing with his personal demons, including alcoholism.
Upon its release in 2018, A Star is Born achieved commercial and critical success, grossing $436.2 million worldwide and receiving eight nominations at the 91st Academy Awards and five nominations at the 76th Golden Globe Awards, taking home Best Original Song for Gaga’s “Shallow” in both events. The film’s soundtrack also receied seven Grammy nominations, winning four, including best pop duo/group performance for both Cooper and Gaga.
Dave Chapelle, Andrew Dice Clay, and Sam Elliot rounds out the cast of this romantic musical drama film, which is also Cooper’s directorial debut.
A Star is Born is also available for streaming on HBO.
- There’s a Covid-19 first birthday event page and it already has 700,000 interested attendees
- Here’s a list of donation drives for Typhoon Rolly victims
- This online coffee shop uses refillable bottles for your cold brew needs
- Facebook messenger and Instagram DMs are merging—here’s how it works
- The most mapanakit stories we’ve read from listeners of Moira dela Torre’s Paubaya