“Mapanakit” is how many netizens are describing singer Moira dela Torre’s new single, “Paubaya.”
The song, which is the last track from her Patawad album, combines Dela Torre’s vocals and a story of an unreciprocated love.
“At kung masaya ka sa piling niya / Hindi ko na ipipilit pa / Ang tanging hiling ko lang sa kanya / ‘Wag kang paluhain at alagaan ka niya,” the chorus goes.
Upon release, the hashtag #PaubayaBy Moira has not only topped Twitter trends list, but has also prompted the song’s listeners to share their “paubaya” stories.
Here are some of the most heart-wrenching entries we’ve read.
This is sad :<
— 𝓈𝒾𝒶 🧃 (@sphathen_) October 23, 2020
— rchl (@_racheleee) October 22, 2020
Worst feeling is ….
When you don’t want to give up on someone but you know you have to.
I finally have the courage to listen to this song, and while I was listening and reading the comments, it made me cry 😭💔
— Camila🌻 (@Ayamcamilaa) October 23, 2020
The song “Paubaya” by Moira was trending on Twitter so I decided to listen to it. While listening I was scrolling through comments and I saw this pisteng yawaa pic.twitter.com/SM4H8qvbS9
— Yvonne Simon (@birdxsimon) October 23, 2020
Watch the lyric video here.
- As monthsary gift, guy writes a research paper explaining why he loves his girlfriend
- Missing Boracay? This IG shop offers own version of the island’s famous calamansi muffins
- Meet the Filipino designer whose Sesame Street LEGO set will be sold worldwide
- The first Pinoy LEGO Ideas fan designer on what it takes to turn ideas into reality
- Aspiring lawyers, here are pieces of advice for you from Chiz Escudero and Chel Diokno