If you’ve been feeling particularly defeated as of late, maybe because you feel like you’re a failure or you feel a crippling fear that you will never reach your dreams, wait until you meet Mary Grace Escober.
The 9-year-old kid from Bacolod City recently went viral for sharing a rather humble feat–having two subscribers on her Youtube channel. Her celebratory post on Facebook included a bottle of soda and a cupcake topped with icing that reads “2 subs,” as well as matchsticks lit as candles.
Many netizens found her post moving and inspiring, with some saying that Mary Grace taught a valuable lesson with her post–that victories, no matter how big or small, are worth celebrating.
Even actress Kiray Celis shared the same post and encouraged her followers to subscribe to Mary Grace’s Youtube channel.
“Hindi ko siya kilala, pero suportahan natin ‘yung pangarap ng batang ‘to,” Celis wrote. “Malayo mararating mo baby girl basta maging humble ka lang palagi at magpapakabait sa magulang mo. Subscribe tayo sa kanya!”
Over the course of 24 hours, Mary Grace went from having two to having more that 100,000. As of October 15, her channel’s subscriber count is at 175,000. Her most recent video garnered at least 66,000 views.
“Thank you all so much sa mga nag-share ng post ko,” she wrote in a separate post. “Sobrang happy ko po dahil sa inyong pag-suporta sa akin. Siyempre, thank you Lord for everything.”
Watch Mary Grace Escober’s latest video here.
- #BlackPinkinYourNetflix trends as ‘Light Up the Sky’ documentary premieres on the streaming service
- This is how Ben&Ben’s ‘Pagtingin’ would sound like if it was released in 1985
- Watch this fully-animated music video for SB19’s single, ‘Hanggang sa Huli’
- As many as 145 Filipino films will be featured in this year’s Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino
- Oat milk is now an add-on option to Starbucks’ milk-based drinks