Are you ready to catch ’em all again?
You better, because the Pokémon Company is working with giant Chinese game developer Tencent for a new game.
For those unfamiliar with Tencent, it is the largest gaming company in the world (thanks to local players) and their TiMi Studio Group is responsible for games like Arena of Valor and the upcoming Call of Duty Mobile.
Additionally, Tencent’s acquisition of Riot Games in 2015 means they own League of Legends, and the company has shares in hit games such as Fortnite and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds aka PUBG – so yeah, they’re a really big deal!
No other news was given by the announcement by Tencent, but it can be assumed it may be another Pokémon mobile game; recently Tencent agreed to bring the Nintendo Switch to China (and Nintendo partially owns the Pokémon Company).
In the meantime, Pokémon is busy working on another mobile game – Pokémon Masters – and an upcoming “core” game in Pokémon Sword & Shield, while also focusing on the still-popular Pokémon Go.
Are you excited for a new Pokémon game?
- “Avengers: Endgame” has overtaken “Avatar” as the highest-grossing film ever
- HBO’s “His Dark Materials” drops trailer starring Dafne Keen, James McAvoy
- Angel Locsin, President Duterte named as ‘most admired’ Filipino woman, man for 2019 – poll
- VIRAL: “Storm Area 51” is just a joke, says Facebook event creator
- LISTEN: Up Dharma Down has a new album and it will make you feel all the feels