The much-awaited Darna Funko was finally unveiled at San Diego Comic Con, the largest annual comic and pop culture festival in the world.
In a series of posts from the hero’s official Instagram account, both Darna and Funko Pop fans got a first look at the collectible, which seemed to be enjoying her time exploring the convention and meeting this year’s attendees.
The Pinay Funko was clad in its signature red, two-piece costume, a red helmet with ruby-encrusted, gold-winged medallion, gold bracelets, golden medallion belt with a loincloth in the middle, and almost knee-high red boots.
Darna is the first ever Filipino character to get its own variant from Funko Pop, which also made licensed pop culture collectibles of Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Disney, and Marvel characters.
As of writing, there’s no announced retail price yet, as well as an official local release date, but a separate Instagram post on Darna’s official account said the collectible will be available in the Philippines “exclusively” and “soon.”
- New “Yu-Gi-Oh” anime arriving in 2020
- VIRAL: “Storm Area 51” is just a joke, says Facebook event creator
- LISTEN: Up Dharma Down has a new album and it will make you feel all the feels
- “Avengers: Endgame” has overtaken “Avatar” as the highest-grossing film ever
- HBO’s “His Dark Materials” drops trailer starring Dafne Keen, James McAvoy