The San Diego Comic-Con, arguably the biggest pop culture convention of the year, currently ongoing and HBO decided to release the trailer for their upcoming series – in partnership with BBC – His Dark Materials.
Based on the best-selling books by Philip Pullman, His Dark Materials takes place in an alternate fantasy world where humans are connected to animals called daemons, meant to represent their soul.
The series follows an orphan named Lyra Belacqua, played by Logan‘s Dafne Keen, and her daemon Pantalaimon (Archie Barnes) as they uncover secrets on journeys between worlds. Also starring are X-Men‘s James McAvoy, Ruth Wilson from Mission: Impossible – Fallout, and Lin Manuel-Miranda as Lee Scoresby.
There was an attempt to make the trilogy back in 2007, but never furthered beyond The Golden Compass. This new adaptation promises a unique take on Pullman’s work by “modernising it a little bit, making it feel a little bit more accessible.”
Watch the trailer for HBO and BBC’s His Dark Materials, the first season premiering on the former later this year:
- A couple bought the house that inspired “The Conjuring”, and they want you to visit
- ICYMI: Adidas unveils the world’s first fully recyclable hoodie
- Your favorite Viva films are now on iflix
- SM Youth’s new ambassadors aren’t your typical models and we’re happy about it
- FaceApp Challenge: Jonas Brothers, Sam Smith, Gordon Ramsay, and more reveal their old looks