After finding its Ariel in Halle Bailey, it seems like Disney may have found its Prince Eric in singer-turned-actor Harry Styles.
Reports are saying Styles is in ‘early negotiations’ to play Ariel’s iconic love interest in Disney’s latest live-action remake venture; Melissa McCarthy (Ursula), Jacob Tremblay (Flounder), and Akwafina (Skuttle) are also expected to join the cast.
With a potential pairing of ChloeXHalle’s Bailey and ex-One Direction’s Styles, it can be assumed music will play an even more central role in The Little Mermaid – even though Prince Eric had no singing parts in the 1989 animated original.
Alan Menken, who composed the music for the original film (and won awards for it), is returning to update the score and songs with the help of Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Styles made his feature film debut in 2017’s Dunkirk, and was edged out by Austin Butler for the role of Elvis Presley in an upcoming biopic. Do you want to see Harry Styles as the dashing Prince Eric?
- LOOK: Milk tea hair is now a thing—here’s how you can achieve it
- ICYMI: Students can now enjoy 20% discount on air, ship fares
- Toilet break: A man sat on a toilet for 5 days to make world record
- Homosexual penguins, giraffe, lions from Munich zoo join Pride Week
- Palawan is 2019’s 2nd Best Island in the World!