Celebrity fashion designer Francis Libiran posted on Instagram his designs for the official parade uniforms of the Team Philippines athletes for the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games, and we are absolutely in love with them.
Libiran took inspiration from the barong tagalog, for which both male and female athletes will wear modern versions of the barong.
As if they couldn’t get more patriotic, the designs also mirror the Philippine flag with the collars encircled with blue above red, and a sun – complete with rays – embroidered on the left shoulder, near where Pinoys place their hand when the Lupang Hinirang is played.
“Created using fine Philippine fabrics and materials, these designs celebrate pure Filipino pride,” said Libiran in his Instagram post.
Team Philippines will don the designs at opening parade set to be held in Clark City, Pampanga. The 30th SEA Games itself will be from November 30 to December 11.
We’re excited for the games, and Libiran’s work only makes it better!
- LOOK: Milk tea hair is now a thing—here’s how you can achieve it
- ICYMI: Students can now enjoy 20% discount on air, ship fares
- Toilet break: A man sat on a toilet for 5 days to make world record
- Homosexual penguins, giraffe, lions from Munich zoo join Pride Week
- Palawan is 2019’s 2nd Best Island in the World!