Aside from free train rides, the government has made transportation fare more affordable for the student as President Rodrigo Duterte signed Republic Act 11314, and was announced on Monday, July 15.
Also known as Student Fare Discount Act, this law allows student to enjoy 20 percent discount on all public transportation such as buses, jeepneys, taxis, tricycle, trains, and even aircrafts and ships.
To avail this discount, student should present a valid school identification card (I.D) or validated enrolment form together with supporting proof of identity.
Under this law, a student is defined as a Filipino citizen who is currently enrolled in elementary, secondary, technical and vocation, or college education. Thus, he is covered of the 20 percent fare discount.
Excluded from this privilege are students taking up short-term courses, special classes, and those who are pursuing post-graduate studies such as law, medicine, masters and doctorate degrees.
- LOOK: Milk tea hair is now a thing—here’s how you can achieve it
- Papa Diddi’s is having a scoop-all-you can promo today
- Toilet break: A man sat on a toilet for 5 days to make world record
- Homosexual penguins, giraffe, lions from Munich zoo join Pride Week
- Palawan is 2019’s 2nd Best Island in the World!