When nature calls, you take your time sitting on the throne; but we bet you haven’t sat on a toilet for five days.
48-year-old Belgian Jimmy De Frenne did just that in an attempt to set a world record of sitting on a toilet.
He challenged himself to sit for 165 hours in a customized toilet right in the middle of a bar. He was allowed five minutes off every hour, which he could accumulate so he could sleep, unfortunately he gave up after 116 hours.
“I was very tired and my legs hurt but I believe in my success and try to make this record official,” de Frenne said, “Why am I doing this? Why not? There is nothing I like more than people making fun of me, because then I can do the same with them.”
De Frenne said he discovered someone did the challenge for 100 hours, and that Guinness World Records were aware of his own attempt. There is no official world record for the sitting on a toilet.
Funnily enough, he had to use a different toilet for bathroom breaks because the one he was on had no plumbing. How long would you last on a toilet?
Story and photos from Reuters.
- Filipino filmmaker wins prestigious BAFTA grant for documentary on mental health
- POPCOM: Philippines’ population growing by 2 million annually
- Norse mythology anime series coming soon on Netflix
- Score up to 50% off on your fave denim items at SM’s Do You Denim pop-up
- Millie Bobby Brown and Converse team up for new collection