Nancy Spinger’s young-adult novel series on Enola Holmes, the younger sister of famed literary detective Sherlock Holmes, grew popular since publication in 2006, and is now set to hit the silver screen with an all-star cast.
Stranger Things‘ Millie Bobby Brown has already been casted to play the titular character, having appeared in her feature film debut in Godzilla: King of the Monsters, with Helena Bonham Carter tapped to play Enola’s mother. And the actor to portray Sherlock Holmes? Superman himself, Henry Cavill.
Though he’s more known for action-oriented roles such as the Man of Steel in the DC Extended Universe (Man of Steel, Justice League) and Mission: Impossible – Fallout, roles like in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. show he can be suave and charming – though an eccentric character like Holmes would be interesting to see.
Harry Bradbeer (Killing Eve, Fleabag) will sit in the director’s chair while British writer Jack Thorne (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Wonder, His Dark Materials) will work on the screenplay.
It’s time to see which of the two Holmes is the smarter one.
- LOOK: Ricky Lee has a workbook to help you get started in film scriptwriting
- Mimiyuuuh wants to break stereotypes in the LGBTQIA community, and so should you
- Adidas unveils fully recyclable running shoe
- Back to the Future 4? Doc Brown’s Christopher Lloyd would be “happy” if it happens
- Meet the Filipino artists whose Pokemon shirt designs for Uniqlo will be sold globally