Baz Luhrmann, director of Moulin Rouge! & The Great Gatsby, is bringing the King of Rock and Roll to the big screen, and so begins the search for which actor will portray Elvis Presley in the planned biopic.
Among those in the running is Baby Driver and The Fault in our Stars actor Ansel Elgort, who is appearing in Steven Spielberg’s remake of West Side Story, and Miles Teller of Whiplash, Spectacular Now, and Fantastic Four.
Kick-Ass and Avengers: Age of Ultron star Aaron Taylor-Johnson has also been shortlisted, as well as British singer Harry Styles (who appeared in Dunkirk) and Austin Butler.
The film will focus on Elvis’ rise and peak in the music industry, as well as his relationship with manager Col. Tom Parker who will be played by Tom Hanks.
Which of the five actors do you want to play Elvis, or if not any of them, who is worthy of becoming The King?
- Mimiyuuuh wants to break stereotypes in the LGBTQIA community, and so should you
- Adidas unveils fully recyclable running shoe
- Back to the Future 4? Doc Brown’s Christopher Lloyd would be “happy” if it happens
- Meet the Filipino artists whose Pokemon shirt designs for Uniqlo will be sold globally
- Black Panther sequel currently in the works