Just over a century ago, the last Tsar of Russia, Nicholas II, was ruthlessly killed along with his wife Alexandra and their five children (among them the legendary Anastasia). Even today their story continues to intrigue people, and Netflix will be feeding that curiosity in an upcoming docu-series The Last Czars.
The six-part series will follow the Romanovs, Russia’s last royal family, as they begin their descent brought upon by social upheaval in a national revolution, which ended in their deaths on July 17, 1918.
When social upheaval sweeps Russia in the early 20th century, Czar Nicholas II resists change, sparking a revolution and ending a dynasty. – The Last Czars description on Netflix
The role of Nicholas II and Alexandra will be played by Robert Jack and Susanna Herbert, with Ben Cartwright portraying the infamous healer of the Romanovs, Grigori Rasputin.
The Last Czars arrives on Netflix this July 3, check out its trailer below:
- ICYMI: ‘Meteor Garden’ actor Dylan Wang is coming to Manila
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo are getting a divorce — report
- Charlie’s Angels trailer drops featuring Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska
- Toycon 2019: Poplife Fan Experience will bring out the kid in you
- WATCH: Binibing Pilipinas Universe 2019 Gazini Ganados removes makeup on national television