Miss Universe Philippines 2018 Catriona Gray is carrying heavy pressure on her shoulders these days as she represents our country to the prestigious Miss Universe competition.
In her Facebook post, the 24 year-old beauty queen from Bicol admits that she had mixed emotions after the preliminary swimsuit and evening gown portion. But she will not allow these feelings to get to her. Instead, she promises to fight in bringing home the crown, together with the Filipinos who are rooting for her.
“Philippines, it brings me so much joy to carry you across my heart. Laban tayo!!,” she wrote.
And Catriona surely did delivered! The slow motion video of her signature ‘lava walk,’ last December 13 during the prelims night held in Bangkok, Thailand leaves netizens in awe and has been the talk of the town.
If she will win, Catriona will be the fourth Miss Universe from the Philippines, following Gloria Diaz, 1969, Margie Moran, 1973, and Pia Wurtzbach last 2015.
Watch the coronation night this Monday, December 17 , 8 am via live stream on Miss Universe Facebook page or on ABS-CBN channel.
- Watch: Kit Harington and Toothless look cute together in ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ audition tapes
- Look: Celebrities cheer for Catriona Gray
- The meaning behind Catriona Gray’s evening gown at Miss Universe 2018 preliminary competition
- Matteo Guidicelli, Chef Margarita Fores invade Italy for a food crawl
- LOOK: Catriona Gray stuns at Miss Universe 2018 prelims with slow-mo twirl