Netflix released the official trailer for the upcoming third season of the controversial Netflix series, 13 Reasons Why.
The series, which drew flak from critics for its depiction of teen suicide in its first season, will not include the said topic, according to a Variety report.
The trailer hinted at a “new harrowing crime” at Liberty High, instead, eight months after the events of the previous season.
Season 3, which premieres on Netflix this August 23, will focus on Clay (Dylan Minnette), Tony (Christian Navarro), Jessica (Alisha Boe), Alex (Miles Heizer), Justin (Justin Foley), and Zach (Ross Butler) as they find ways to shoulder the burden of the cover-up together while helping Tyler (Devin Druid) move toward recovery.
“But when the aftermath of a tumultuous Homecoming game culminates in the disappearance of a football player, and Clay finds himself under police scrutiny, it’s up to a shrewd outsider to steer the group through an investigation that threatens to lay bare everyone’s deepest secrets,” according to the synopsis.
Meanwhile, the series will be renewed for a fourth and final season. Production is already underway. It’s release date, however, is yet to be announced.
Watch the trailer for 13 Reasons Why Season 3 here:
- “Mahal Ka Ba Nya?” is the most frank advice account for love problems
- “Your Name” director’s new animated movie, showing in local cinemas this month
- The 1975 and Greta Thunberg collab for song on climate change
- Attention: Here’s the updated list of prohibited items in carry-on, check-in baggage
- “Self-driving” vehicles to be used during 30th SEA Games