Scottish band CHVRCHES‘ Manila concert will not be pushing through.
In an official statement posted on Facebook via the concert’s organizer, Ovation Productions, the act has relayed the news that their show on August 13 at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum will not be happening “due to unforeseen circumstances.”
“We’re sorry to announce that our show in Manila at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum on August 13th is being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstance,” the statement reads. “We’d like to apologize to all our fans that had already purchased tickets.”
For eager fans who has gotten their hands on a ticket to their concert, fret not. The band has reassured that details on getting a full refund will soon be posted.
The trio, composed of Iain Cook, Martin Doherty, Lauren Mayberry, first made their debut back in 2011. They are known for their hits, “The Mother We Share” and “Recover.” The Glasgow-born band makes music in the synth-pop genre, while incorporating indietronica, indie-pop, and electronic dance.
- Filipino filmmaker wins prestigious BAFTA grant for documentary on mental health
- POPCOM: Philippines’ population growing by 2 million annually
- Norse mythology anime series coming soon on Netflix
- Score up to 50% off on your fave denim items at SM’s Do You Denim pop-up
- Lakbay Museo: A trip around the Philippines in one museum