Everyone is excited to see Disney’s live-action remake of The Lion King, especially with high-profile celebrities with amazing singing voices like Donald Glover and Beyoncé leading the film as Simba and Nala, respectively.
But you know who else will be in the movie? Chance the Rapper.
That’s right, Lil Chano was present at The Lion King‘s world premiere in Los Angeles because he worked as a consultant on the film for being the “Lion King aficionado” (with a little help from Glover), but in an interview he also said Glover helped him get a small role in the movie.
“One day Donald called me and was like, ‘Yeah, would you wanna maybe go in and record some lines for a new character?’ And I was like, ‘Yes. Yes, Donald. Thank you, Donald.’ And so yeah, he’s the man.” – Chance the Rapper
It almost seems weird that Chance is such a big name, like everyone else in the cast, but he never came up in the film’s marketing efforts. But at least he’s living the dream, from doing ‘nostalgic consulting’ to having a speaking role in The Lion King.
What animal do you think is Chance will be voicing?
- Dohtonbori Megamall is having an okonomiyaki and yakiniku eat-all-you-can
- MMFF 2019’s first four official entries revealed
- WarnerMedia to launch streaming service HBO Max on 2020
- LOOK: HIV-positive Pinoy characters take the spotlight in this new online series
- ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel to have Starks and direwolves