The first four official entries to the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2019 were unveiled today, July 10, from among 26 scripts submitted by 26 production companies.
These four films are:
- Miracle in CELL #7
- Mission Unstapabol: The Don Identity
(K)ampon is a horror film which will be directed by King Palisoc in his second MMFF directorial venture after 2015’s Tandem which win New Wave Best Actor for JM de Guzman.
The film will star Derek Ramsay and “Queen of All Media” Kris Aquino, her first MMFF film since 2015’s All You Need Is Pag-Ibig and her MMFF horror film return after Feng Shui 2 from the year before.
Miracle in CELL #7
Miracle in CELL #7 will be a Filipino remake of 2013 Korean hit film of the same name, this time directed by writer-director Nuel Naval.
Aga Muhlach will be the lead actor, his first MMFF since a voice role in the 2010 3-D film RPG Metanoia, and co-starring with him is Nadine Lustre in her third film of the year after Ulan and Indak.
Mission Unstapabol: The Don Identity
Vic Sotto and Maine Mendoza return for this year’s MMFF with Mission Unstapabol: The Don Identity, to be directed by Linnet Zurbano in her feature film debut.
Barry Gonzales will make his directorial feature film debut in Momalland, which will star MMFF regular Vice Ganda and her Showtime co-host Anne Curtis. The film will be a joint-production between ABS-CBN Film Productions, Inc. and Viva Films.
- WATCH: This comedic video proves that ’Stranger Things’ kids are Pinoy child stars
- Instagram will now have pop-up warnings to prevent cyberbullying
- Terry Crews, BTS’ Jimin are fan favorites for King Triton, Prince Eric in “Little Mermaid”
- LOOK: Queer Eye’s Fab Five is officially back for a fourth season
- WATCH: Lea Salonga mistaken for another person on a UK live television show