On the last week of June, the government brought good news to the students when they’ve announced their Student Free Ride Program where LRT-2, MRT-3, and PNR wave fares for them.
To avail this service, students all need to do is to show their Student Free Ride ID/Pass. But how to get this pass? Here’s a short guideline:
1. Go to Depart of Transportation (DOTr)’s official website and click the “Student Free Ride ID (Trains)” button. As of writing this button is located on the left corner of your computer screen.
2. Fill out the form and submit it.
3. Wait for DOTr’s confirmation letter on your registered email account that will notify you when you can claim your Student Free Ride ID. Lastly,
4. Claim your ID on your chosen LRT-2 station. According to DOTr’s website, student must “bring reference documentation as reference when claiming” their Student Pass.
Meanwhile, while the IDs are still on process, student can still avail their free ride by simply showing their School ID to the station teller where they will be given Student Free Ride Ticket.
Student Free Ride Program, is now being implemented. The complimentary rides can be availed from Monday to Friday, except on holidays during the following hours:
- MRT3: 5:00 AM – 6:30 AM and 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
- PNR: 5:00 AM – 6:00 AM and 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- LRT: 4:30 AM – 6:00 AM and 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Those eligible for this program are pupils in nursery/kindergarten, elementary, high school, trade, arts, technical, vocational schools/training centers, as well as undergraduate students in colleges.
- LISTEN: Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Chris Stapleton collaborate in new single ‘Blow’
- WATCH: The official trailer for the live-action remake of Mulan is here!
- ICYMI: Cinemalaya is looking for volunteers
- Tom Holland’s Peter Parker is growing up, just like us
- 5 stress-relieving hobbies you can learn online for free