The first official trailer for the live-action retelling of the 1998 Disney animated movie, Mulan, is finally out and it’s giving us a first look into Chinese-American actress Liu Yifei as its lead.
The 1-minute, 20-second clip seems to confirm the downplay of many musical or fantastical elements of the original movie. It does give a nod, however, to the classic “Honor To Us All” in Milan’s conversation with her parents.
It also comes shortly after the announcement of the cast for the new Little Mermaid and just befor The Lion King’s theatrical release on July 18.
The trailer also comes with the first official poster for the movie.
Mulan will be out in theaters in March 27, 2020.
Watch the trailer here:
— Mulan (@DisneysMulan) July 7, 2019
- Is Gerald Anderson also planning to enter military service?
- This sustainable fashion exhibit shows that being stylish can be more eco-friendly
- You’ve been playing UNO wrong this whole time
- Bamboo Manalac is proud of ‘The Voice Kids’ alumnus JK Labajo
- Charlie’s Angels trailer drops featuring Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska