Batwoman is premiering soon on the small screen, but the lead is not just the feisty superhero we used to know.
The first official trailer of the new CW show provides a peek into actress Ruby Rose as the titular character, Kate Kane, cousin of Bruce Wayne, in a lesbian relationship.
The series will follow Kane’s origin story. When she returns after being sent away from Gotham City by her father, Jacob Kane, the lead discovers that her girlfriend Sophie Moore has been captured by a gang and sets off on a quest to find her.
In the trailer, Kane asks for Bruce Wayne’s suit to be adjusted to fit a woman instead. Her father later declares that she is a female Bruce Wayne, to which she responds: “Awesome. Hilarious. Handsome.”
Later in the trailer, Kane declares: “I’m not about to let a man take credit for a woman’s work,” before altering her suit to make it clear that she is not Batman.
Batwoman will be the first openly LGBTQ+ live-action superhero to star in its own show.
Watch the trailer here:
- Justin Bieber is challenging Tom Cruise in a UFC fight
- “Hintayan ng Langit” will stream on Netflix starting June 12
- You can enter these museums in Intramuros for free on Independence Day
- Catch Orange & Lemons, Ang Bandang Shirley, and more at We Are Intramuros music fest
- Big Bad Wolf is coming to Pampanga!