If you’re going to work, running errands, or simply meeting your friends for a catch up sesh this Independence Day, you’re in for a treat.
Commuters can score a free ride at LRT lines 1 and 2, as well as MRT-3 on June 12, a Manila Bulletin report says.
The complimentary ride is in celebration of the 121st anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence.
The free ride will be available for two hours in the morning, from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m, and another two hours later in the day, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. These time frames are considered the peak hours of all the train lines or when the largest volume of passengers are accommodated and transported.
This is not the first time the metro train lines have offered free rides to passengers. Last March 8, fees have been waived for all women in celebration of International Women’s Day. The same is true last April 5-11 for war veterans in honor of Philippine Veterans Week.
Photo from Manila Bulletin/Camille Ante
- Catch Ebe Dancel, December Avenue, Mayonnaise, and more in this Independence Day music fest
- LOOK: PH’s flag get personified characters
- Help make Metro Manila Pride March 2019 happen with donations as low as 300 pesos
- WATCH: Steamy trailer of Mylene Dizon, Kit Thompson’s ‘Belle Douleur’
- PSA: Voter registration might resume “soon”