To mark the anniversary since first uploading her thrifting and styling videos, photographer, fashion enthusiast, and certified ukay shopper Shaira Luna is bringing a very special guest to her Youtube channel—actress Julia Barretto.
The ten-minute clip is Luna’s attempt to recreate, with thrifted clothes, six Instagram-posted looks from Barretto, whose style dabbles on both classic and fun fashion choices.
Emulating the young star’s style seems like a success for the photographer, though, as some of the following stills show.
Luna details the brands, if there are any, and prices of all the clothes she used in the video, most of which are under PhP 100.
If anyone wants to mimic Barretto’s looks, however, the young star says there are five key items to own: denim, a basic white shirt, a white tank top, a form-fitting dress, and a pair of white sneakers. “Keep it simple,” Barretto adds. “The basics are super important. To me, I can have this [basic white] shirt in 50 pieces because it’s where everything starts.”
When asked if she would ever consider thrift-shopping, Barretto says she has always wanted to. “I just don’t know how I’m going to do it in a safe way,” she shares. “If I’m going to start shopping, I’d want to focus on it. I don’t want to be distracted.”
Check out the rest of the looks in this video:
- ICYMI: Justin Timberlake, Missy Elliott receive honorary doctorate degrees
- Yellow Cab is throwing an unlimited chicken wings party this month!
- LOOK: This fashion influencer elevates ukay-ukay clothing finds into stylish OOTDs
- JK Labajo’s disappointed to ‘Idol Philippines’ for rejecting reggae singer
- LOOK: Filipinos search about migrating as partial election results come in