BTS continues to break worldwide records this April.
The K-pop group dropped their EP called Map of the Soul: Persona on Friday, April 12 and sets a new record as the most-streamed K-Pop album on Spotify in a single day. Breaking a record they previously set themselves in 2018 when they released Love Yourself 結 ‘Answer.’ It’s also the very first K-Pop album to have all tracks debut on the Global Top 50 chart.
The song “Boy With Luv” featuring American singer-songwriter Halsey has hit #3 on Spotify’s Global Top 50. It’s a new record for the highest position ever attained by a K-pop artist!
Aside from breaking Spotify charts, “Boy With Luv” music video has broken the YouTube record for most-viewed music video premiere. The record was previously held by BLACKPINK’s “Kill This Love” which was also released this month. The “Boy With Luv” video garnered 74.6 million views in its first 24 hours. As of writing, it already has over 145M views.
Yes, we’re still running the numbers, but we can confirm that #BoyWithLuv (ft. @Halsey) is now *officially* the most-viewed 24 hour debut in @YouTube history!! Congratulations @bts_bighit 🎉 Enjoy @nbcsnl tonight! pic.twitter.com/xC8vHs27Nu
— YouTube Music (@youtubemusic) April 14, 2019
In case you missed it, BTS is also nominated for the Top Social Artist and Top Duo/Group awards at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards. They are also expected to perform “Boy With Luv” with Halsey at the awards night.
- WATCH: Filipino dance crew VPeepz advances to division finals of ‘World Dance’ USA
- Kapamilya artists Kathryn Bernardo, Vice Ganda top Filipino celebrities on Twitter Q1 2019
- Amid scenes leak, ‘Avengers: Endgame’ movie directors plead: ‘Don’t spoil it’
- Did the 2019 remake of Pet Sematary live up to the original 1989 film?
- WATCH: Darren Espanto’s powerful performance in ‘Singer 2019′