If you’re a writer and you’re planning to join the Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature, it’s time to work on your piece because they are now open and accepting submissions.
According to Palanca Awards, they are now open for submissions to its regular categories starting April 16 until May 31. Check out the categories below:
- English Division: Short Story, Short Story for Children, Essay, Poetry, Poetry Written for Children, One-act Play, and Full-length Play
- Filipino Division: Maikling Kuwento, Maikling Kuwentong Pambata, Sanaysay, Tula, Tulang Para sa Mga Bata, Dulang May Isang Yugto, Dulang Ganap ang Haba, and Dulang Pampelikula
- Regional Languages Division: Short Story-Cebuano, Short Story-Hiligaynon, and Short-Story Ilokano
Young writers below 18 years of age can also submit informal (personal) essays in English or Filipino for the special Kabataan Division. The entries should answer the question: “At a time when spreading of misinformation is getting common, what can you do to help people, especially the youth, search for the truth?” (Kabataan Essay) and “Sa panahon na laganap ang pagkalat ng maling impormasyon, paano mo matutulungan ang mga tao, lalo na ang kabataan, na hanapin ang katotohanan?” (Kabataan Sanaysay).
The contest is open to all Filipino citizens or former Filipino citizens of all ages. Works that are published or produced between June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2019 and/or unpublished/unproduced works may be entered in the contest. Take note that only unproduced works may be entered in the Dulang Pampelikula category.
Unlike before, the Carlos Palanca Foundation will no longer accept online or e-mail submissions for all categories. All submissions for the contest must be submitted as printed copies. You may visit their office at Greenbelt Excelsior Building, 105 C. Palanca Street, Legazpi Village, Makati City.
Established in 1950, the Carlos Palanca Awards for Literature is the longest-running and the most prestigious literary award here in the Philippines. It aims to develop Philippine literature by providing incentives for writers to craft their most outstanding literary work.
Featured image from Palanca Awards
- Amid scenes leak, ‘Avengers: Endgame’ movie directors plead: ‘Don’t spoil it’
- Kapamilya artists Kathryn Bernardo, Vice Ganda top Filipino celebrities on Twitter Q1 2019
- Fox’s first locally-produced film ‘Maledicto’ to hit cinemas this May
- Heads up! MMDA lifts number coding scheme for Holy Week 2019
- Ben&Ben is releasing their debut album—here’s how you can get yours