Actor, athlete, and businessman Matteo Guidicelli officially joined the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) as a reservist.
Guidicelli, along with fellow actors Ivan Carapeit and Luis Ruiz, took the oath Monday, April 15, at the Army Reserve Command (ARESCOM) headquarters in Tanza, Cavite.
In the statement, the ARESCOM said that they will “be taking trainings in order to prepare them in the event of natural disasters and national emergencies.”
Meanwhile, on his Instagram account, the actor said that his love for the country inspired him to join the army. “I officially joined the Philippine ARMY today because I love my country. I would like to thank the people that have been very supportive,” he wrote.
Guidicelli is also part of the Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary, together with social media influencers Erwan Heussaff and Nico Bolzico.
(Featured image from @harescom)
- Darren Criss urges local government to implement zero-waste programs
- Kris Aquino breaks social media hiatus to defend brother Noynoy Aquino
- Bianca Gonzalez, Chai Fonacier, Kakai Bautista react to whitening brand’s ad campaign
- Here’s how you can learn Daenerys Targaryen’s language
- Miss Universe Catriona Gray is ready to audition for the next Darna