Get ready to raise your rainbow flags. We only have two months left before the much-awaited Metro Manila Pride March and Festival.
The organizers of Metro Manila Pride March has announced the date for this year’s march and they’re also looking for volunteers for the upcoming event. In a Facebook post, they are encouraging everyone to participate and to be part of one of the teams that stages the largest LGBTQIA+ demonstration in Southeast Asia.
With #ResistTogether as this year’s theme, the organizers aim to remind all of us that even though the community getting stronger every year, we still need to continue to voice our concerns and fight for the rights of the LGBTQ+ community.
“Pride is for all of us. For those who paved the way, for those forced to live in the dark, for those no longer with us, and for those who will march long after we have gone.” it wrote. “But as we grow bigger and as inequalities and human rights violations persist, Pride needs to be more about the most vulnerable among us.”
At least 15,000 people were present at last year’s pride march, that’s more than double the number of attendees in 2017. For 2019, they are expecting more participants as well as volunteers that will help organize the event. If you’re interested, just click this link and fill up the form. Applications for volunteers are open until April 20.
Metro Manila Pride March 2019 is happening on June 29 at the Marikina Sports Center, Marikina City. Admission is free.
- ‘BFW_SS19’: A star-studded show celebrating, empowering local fashion industry
- Ready your wallets! This summer sale is offering up to 80% discount on books
- Catch free outdoor screenings of ‘Ang Larawan’ and ‘Legacy of Jose Abad Santos’ in April!
- PSA: National Book Store’s Warehouse Sale is back!
- WATCH: Xing Fu Tang offers brown sugar milk tea—and your fortune of the day