Social media has sparked so many trending challenges over the years. In the music-loving Philippines, song and dance challenges flood the feed and get people excited.
Recently, however, there’s a different type of challenge going viral online—and it’s making a huge environmental impact.
Called #ChallengeForChange and #Trashtag, the challenges are encouraging everyone to clean up an area and make sure it stays that way. As is the rule of the Internet, “no picture means it didn’t happen,” which is why participants must also take a before and after photo of their deed.
Both quickly blew up online, with people posting their epic responses to the challenges.
Here’s a look at some of the netizens who took on the dare:
Will you take on the challenge, too?
- What we know so far about why Facebook and Instagram was down
- WATCH: Kris Aquino posts a video reminiscing her good memories with Nicko Falcis
- The Philippines is now the second largest habitat of whale sharks
- The sequel to Cecelia Ahern’s ‘P.S. I Love You’ is here!
- PSA: Here are the newly-opened premium P2P bus routes