Walt Disney has finally let the genie out of the bottle.
The first official trailer of the much-anticipated live-action remake of Aladdin is finally in our midst. It comes almost two months before the movie’s release date.
The 2-minute, 25-second clip shows Egypt-born actor Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Naomi Scott’s Jasmine singing “A Whole New World,” Marwan Kenzari’s Jafar being his mischievous self, and Will Smith’s “distinct-from-Robin-Williams” portrayal of Genie.
Based on the 1992 cartoon of the same name, the “musical fantasy movie” is set to revolve around the fun, snappy tale of adventure that fans know and love.
Aladdin will be out in theaters, May 24.
Watch the trailer here:
- LOOK: ‘Wonder Woman’ Gal Gadot congratulates ‘Captain Marvel’ Brie Larson
- Nadine Lustre on living together with James Reid: “Hindi naman na bagong issue ‘yan”
- Paper cups are not as “eco-friendly” as you think
- WATCH: Nadine Lustre unveils swimwear line for H&M
- British singer Rita Ora to PH: “Best vocalists in the world really come from the Philippines”