Despite their characters not sharing the same cinematic universe, it looks like Gal Gadot has nothing but love for fellow actress and movie hero, Brie Larson.
In an Instagram story, Wonder Woman‘s Gadot posted a fan art to congratulate Larson for the recent successes of the latter’s new film, Captain Marvel.
“I’m so happy for you, sister! Congrats,” Gadot wrote, tagging Larson in the story.
The fan art was made by a 17-year-old artist named Maxy Artwork on Instagram.
“I can’t put into words how incredibly happy I am not only for it being my art, but also for them supporting each other,” she wrote in a post. “I make this kind of art to bring women together and show how important female leads are for us.”
Both Gadot’s Wonder Woman, part of the DC Extended Universe (DCEU), and Larson’s Captain Marvel, the latest installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), were groundbreaking. They’re the first female superheroes to get a stand-alone film in their universes.
Wonder Woman is the first female-led movie in a decade and was the first to be directed by a woman, Patty Jenkins. Meanwhile, Captain Marvel is the first MCU movie to be co-directed by a woman.
- Nadine Lustre on living together with James Reid: “Hindi naman na bagong issue ‘yan”
- Paper cups are not as “eco-friendly” as you think
- WATCH: Nadine Lustre unveils swimwear line for H&M
- British singer Rita Ora to PH: “Best vocalists in the world really come from the Philippines”
- This British parrot went missing for 4 years, returns home speaking Spanish