For her first-ever concert in the Philippines, British singer Rita Ora exceeded the expectation and blew off the roof of jam-packed New Frontier Theatre in Quezon City, Sunday, March 10.
Looking like a human form of a “Phoenix” in her red one-piece suit, Ora delivered a high energy performance for the first leg of her “Phoenix album tour” here in Asia that received thunderous applause from the crowd as they sang and dance with her.
Overwhelmed with the warm support she has received from her Filipino fans, the 28-year-old artist admitted that she enjoyed her stay in the country. “I have the best time ever in the Philippines,” she said.
The artist also said that she found a new family with her local fans. “When I come back, you guys have to come back and see me, yah? We’re family now. Oh! I learned something today. I’m gonna say this and I really mean it. Mahal ko kayo!”
The former “X-Factor UK” judge who’d seen the world-class singing talent of Filipinos through 4th Impact didn’t miss the opportunity to acknowledged our singers’ impeccable vocal power.
“I’ve seen so many talented people. I have to say some of the best vocalists in the world really come from the Philippines. I don’t know but you, guys, can sing!” she exclaimed.
That night, Ora also reunited with the members of 4th Impact who opened her concert.
#PheonixTour in the country was made possible by Wilbros Live.
- WATCH: Fan asks Alden Richards: “Anong feeling na pinagpalit ka ni Maine?”
- Big Bang’s Seungri is retiring from the entertainment industry
- James Reid admits that he and Nadine Lustre are living together
- This British parrot went missing for 4 years, returns home speaking Spanish
- Exclusive: Interview with the artist behind Marvel’s new Filipina superhero