Following in the footsteps of Facebook Messenger, Viber has also rolled out its dark mode feature.
Walk on the dark side 🌃 Check out our new dark mode theme on Android! Save battery 🔋, protect your eyes 🙄, and keep the room dark when other people are trying to sleep.
— Viber (@Viber) March 5, 2019
In a tweet, the instant messaging app says the new feature is meant to “save battery, protect your eyes, and keep the room dark when other people are trying to sleep” and will only be available on Android.
Viber’s dark theme goes for a dark charcoal color, instead of a pure AMOLED black used in most SMART television and mobile phones.
So how can you put your Viber in dark mode, you ask? You don’t need to send a moon emoji to anyone. You can simply download the latest update on Google Play.
If you wish to revert to the standard white background, you can always go to the app’s settings and do so.
Is your Viber on dark mode already?
- Here’s how you can enable Facebook Messenger’s dark mode
- WATCH: Fan asks Alden Richards: “Anong feeling na pinagpalit ka ni Maine?”
- LOOK: Happy Peanut spread is a thing and we’re definitely hoarding
- James Reid admits that he and Nadine Lustre are living together
- Exclusive: Interview with the artist behind Marvel’s new Filipina superhero