Remember that snack you used to munch on as a kid or devour now as a beer-drinking young adult? It now comes as a peanut spread.
Yes, you read that right. Happy Peanut, arguably the country’s leading peanut snack brand, has in fact a spread that contains the same crunchy peanuts found in their munch packs.
In a Facebook post, Ria Rivera shares a proof of the product’s existence and her amusement over the discovery. “May peanut butter pala sila,” she writes.
Rebisco, its original manufacturer and distributor, says the seed-based confectionery is “made from roasted peanuts with less to no oil, rich peanut taste, very smooth texture, and a non-dry, hassle-free peanut spread consistency from start to finish.”
While there is no definitive list of locations on where the item is available for purchase, Rivera says that the 450-gram peanut spread retails for P81 at a local supermarket in Antipolo City.
The best part? “Masarap siya [kahit] mura lang,” she shares.
How many jars are you hoarding on your next grocery trip? We’ll take ten for sure.
- James Reid admits that he and Nadine Lustre are living together
- Exclusive: Interview with the artist behind Marvel’s new Filipina superhero
- This grassroots advocate combines passion and day job
- Goose, the cat that steals spotlight in ‘Captain Marvel’
- Look: Marvel introduces Wave, their new Filipino superhero