Award-Winning musician and one of the Asia’s Got Talent judges David Foster gave 10-year-old Filipina singer Eleana Gabunada a standing ovation and his Golden Buzzer after she gave a rousing rendition of the classic Barbara Streisand’s “Rain on My Parade.”
“There’s a lot of people much older than you that could sing that song, but they don’t understand the genre…but somehow at age 10, you understand your mission, and you understand your job and there’s no doubt in my mind that if you want to be on Broadway one day, you will,” Foster exclaimed.
Singer Anggun was equally floored by Gabunada’s performance, proclaiming that she performed like a “baby Streisand.”
“I think you’re the only act that made David stand up,” Jay Park added.
The Golden Buzzer will send Gabunada straight to the Semi-Finals in March where she will have a shot at the USD100,000 grand prize and the winning title.
- EXCLUSIVE: Coleen Garcia, Billy Crawford give a message to their 20-year-old selves
- ICYMI: TNT Boys are moving to the next round of ‘The World’s Best’
- ICYMI: Nadine Lustre is H&M’s first Filipina ambassador
- LISTEN: Maymay Entrata, Edward Barber release individual singles
- You can watch ‘That Thing Called Tadhana’ for free on February 28!