Disney has dropped the trailer of upcoming live-action adaptation of “Aladdin” and it has finally revealed what everyone is waiting for — the Genie.
This video offered a glimpse of American actor Will Smith in the popular blue genie avatar. On the original animated film that was released in 1992 Robbie Williams gave life to Genie’s character.
The new “Aladdin” film will be directed by English filmmaker Guy Ritchie (Sherlock Holmes, The Man from U.N.C.L.E), with 27-year-old Mena Massoud as Aladdin, and 25-year-old Naomi Scott as Princess Jasmine.
“Aladdin” will be released on May 24, 2019.
- Lady Gaga on mental health: “If you see somebody that’s hurting, don’t look away”
- Watch: Lady Gaga performs “Shallow” in 61st Grammy Awards
- Maggie Wilson-Consunji to micro entrepreneurs: “Have a strong online presence”
- LOOK: Catriona Gray and Kelsey Merritt meet for the first time at amfAR benefit gala
- Ariana Grande a no-show despite winning first Grammy Award