Vans has teamed up with Chinese designer brand Purlicue for a sneaker collection that celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year.
Called “The Fat Year,” the sneakers are inspired by the Chinese Zodiac calendar’s Year of the Pig. The footwear is described as “laid back” but “not lazy.”
The collab features cool, new, and supersized designs of the brand’s classics, Old Skool, Sk8, and Era. From the images released on social media, Era looks to be revamped with a luscious pink and chocolate colorway, as well as another variation in red and white.
The laces are exaggerated, too, coming in extra-wide and flat. The brand’s Facebook cover photo also reveals that the words “THE FAT YEAR” are also printed in black on the soles.
Vans Philippines has yet to reveal the full collection, but promises that it “will be available soon.”
Would you wear these on Chinese New Year?
Featured Image from Vans Philippines Facebook
- Fashion trends worth trying this 2019
- Read: Kris Aquino apologizes to ABS-CBN for being dragged into her issue
- McCoy de Leon, Elisse Joson on setting aside personal conflicts for the success of ‘Sakaling Maging Tayo’
- Movie Review: ‘Green Book’ and why you should watch it
- Margot Robbie to play Barbie in live-action film