It’s official: IKEA will open its first Philippine store in 2020!
Filipinos are demanding for the Swedish brand to enter the Philippine market because of its beautiful furniture and delicious food. It has been branded as the largest furniture retailer in the world. The name IKEA (pronounced as ee-kay-uh) stands for the name of the owner (Ingvar Kamprad), the name of the farm he grew up in (Elmtaryd), and his hometown in Southern Sweden (Agunnaryd).
While waiting for its launch in 2020, here’s everything you need to know about its PH store:
1. It’s going to be the biggest IKEA in the world
Yes, friends, their store at SM Mall of Asia Complex will be the biggest IKEA in the world. It is twice as big as the typical IKEA store and roughly the size of 150 basketball courts.
2. They will offer around 9,000 products
If you’re looking for additional furniture for your lovely homes, get ready because IKEA will be offering around 9,000 “well-designed, functional home furnishing products,” and affordable products for everyone. It will be available in store and online.
3. More jobs.
The famous home furnishing retailer will be hiring 500 employees on top of spin off jobs and other business opportunities in the coming years. It means more jobs for everyone!
What’s an IKEA store without food, right? Don’t worry, because IKEA PH will partner with suppliers for their restaurant. No need to visit other countries just to try the famous Swedish meatballs.
5. IKEA will soon open its online store
Aside from its physical store, the brand will also introduce more options to shop like an online store. No more hassle of commuting with huge furniture, just visit their website and your items can be delivered right at your doorsteps.
IKEA will open in 2020 at the SM Mall of Asia Complex in Pasay. For more info, visit ikea.ph.
Header image from Ikea.com
- Look: This new collection from Penshoppe is perfect for the ‘We Bare Bears’ fans
- What to expect from Make Your Own Havaianas 2018
- Celebrate Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday with these cute goodies
- Sale alert: ‘Books For Less’ Warehouse Sale is back!
- Finally! Innisfree is opening its first Manila branch this month