It’s a sad day for the OPM community.
Iconic Filipino singer Rico J. Puno died of cardiac arrest on October 30, Tuesday. The heartbreaking news was announced by Anna Puno, Rico’s sister-in-law.
“I am seized with deep emotional shock when I found out that our OPM King – Kuya Rico J. Puno, has passed away this morning (Manila time),” Anna wrote. “Numbed with grief, I would like to call on all entertainers in the OPM industry as well as his worldwide fans to stop for a moment and say a prayer to one of the most respected singers in the country.”
The veteran singer previously had triple bypass surgery in 2015 and underwent a procedure earlier this year for the insertion of a pacemaker. He was also hospitalized recently due to diabetes complications.
To thank him for all his contributions to OPM, here are some of Puno’s iconic songs that you can stream all day:
1. “May Bukas Pa”
2. “Macho Gwapito”
4. “Sorry Na Pwede Ba”
5. “Magkasuyo Buong Gabi”
Header image from Resorts World Manila | Facebook
- Ang Bandang Shirley celebrates ‘Themesongs’ 10th anniversary with an exclusive vinyl release
- The latest K-Pop collaborations we’re living for
- Watch: Carlo Aquino shares his paranormal encounter in Baguio
- Watch: Enchong Dee shares scary encounter with the ‘Nuns’
- 6 iconic ‘High School Musical’ scenes we’re dying to see in the TV reboot