The recent passing of Swedish music artist Avicii, legendary fashion designer Kate Spade, and food and television personality Anthony Bourdain due to suicide reminded us again of a bitter reality: mental health issues do not discriminate age, wealth, fame, race, creed, or color. Kahit pa kasing-lit mo si Gloc-9 o kasing-ganda mo si Pia Wurtzbach (wala namang tututol, baks), nothing – not even a vaccine – can assure your immunity from what the World Health Organization (WHO) considers a “global crisis.”
If you’re starting to notice social withdrawal, prolonged depression, excessive anxiety, dramatic changes in eating and sleeping habits, and extreme emotional highs and lows, maybe it’s time that you ask for help. It’s not a sign of weakness, mumsh. Here are the helplines you can call and the support groups you can reach out to.
- Natasha Goulbourn Foundation (NGF)
(02) 804-HOPE (4673); 0917 558 HOPE (4673)
2919 (toll-free for GLOBE and TM subscribers).
- Manila Lifeline Centre (MLC)
(02) 8969191 or 0917 854 9191.
- In Touch Community Services Crisis Lines – Relationship problems, addiction, abuse, other emotional problems.
+632 893 7603, 0917 8001123, 0922 8938944; email@example.com
- Living Free Foundation – Addiction, individual and marital counseling.
0917 322 7087. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Center for Mental Health Helpline – Mental health concerns and services.
0949 143 6425; 0915 792 6889; 0922 241 3855; (02) 531 9001 loc. 283.
- Mood Harmony – Makati Medical Center’s mood disorder support group
(02) 5251743 or (02) 5251881.
- UGAT Foundation – Psychospiritual counseling
(02) 426 5992; (02) 426 6001 loc. 4872-73; email@example.com
- 700 Club Asia – Prayer and counseling services via chat and Skype
(02) 737 0700; 1 800 1 888 8700; 0949 888 8001; 0925 300 3000;
0917 4065001. Skype: the700clubasia.
Support Groups and Advocacies:
- Anxiety and Depression Support Philippines
- Baguio Mental Health Support Group
- Be Healed Foundation
- Buhay Movement
- Coalescent Foundation
- Light Your Way
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, Philippines
- Mental Health Matters by Kylie Verzosa
- Mental Health PH
- Mood Warriors and Phoenixes, Bipolar Disorder Advocacy Philippines
- Natasha Goulborn Foundation
- No To Mental Health Stigma PH
- Psychoeduc8 Philippines
- Psychological Association of the Philippines
- Schizophrenia and Bipolar Philippines Support Group
- Social Anxiety Support Philippines
- Survivors of Suicide Philippines
- Tala Mental Wellness
- Talang Dalisa
- The Julia Buencamino Project
- Youth For Mental Health Coalition
Centers and Foundations:
- PsychConsult Inc. – located at Cubao, Quezon City.
+632 421 2469 / +632 357 6427 / +63917 808 0193
- Philippine Psychiatric Association (PPA) – located at Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
- Philippine Mental Health Association (PMHA) – headquarters located at Quezon City, with chapters at Bacolod-Negros Occidental, Baguio-Benguet, Cabanatuan-Nueva Ecija, Cagayan de Oro-Misamis Oriental, Cebu, Dagupan-Pangasinan, Davao, Dumaguete-Negros Oriental, and Lipa-Batangas.
+632-921-4958 and +632-921-4959 (headquarters)
- National Center for Mental Health (NCMH) – located at Mandaluyong
- Jaime C. Bulatao, SJ Center for Psychology Services (Bulatao Center) – located at Ateneo de Manila University.
- Ateneo Center for Family Ministries Foundation (CEFAM) – located at Ateneo de Manila University; affordable family and individual counseling via a psycho-spiritual approach
426-4289 up to 92.
- In Touch Community Services – located at McKinley Rd, Makati City; offers professional counseling for adults, children and families of Filipinos and expatriates; offers psychological testing; has subsidized counseling options
(02) 893 1893.
- Reintegration for Care and Wholeness Foundation, Inc. (RCW) – located at Quezon City.
(02) 436 0710.
- UST Psychotrauma Clinic – located at the ground floor of Thomas Aquinas Research Complex building, University of Sto. Tomas
+63-2-406-1611 local 4012; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here are some of the funniest #RP612Fic posts that will make your day
- 5 celebrities with their own makeup collections
- Komura; book fair pushes the boundaries of storytelling in the Philippines
- These are the IG-worthy spots at the National Museum of Natural History
- 5 things that will help you sleep better